Adding an educational resource to eMedia
In addition to using the publishing tools on eMedia, you can also submit existing resources to the site. When you find an education resource that is available on the web, and would like to share it with others, you can submit the resource to eMedia for review and approval.
- Login to eMedia.
- Expand the menu next to the Create button in the header and select Submit.
Step 1: enter the url for your resource and select Continue.
Step 2: Review and edit the suggested metadata (fields marked with an asterisk* are mandatory):
- Title* - name of the resource.
- Description* - a summary of the resource.
- Author - the original author of the resource, if known.
- Conditions of use* - Select the appropriate license. See Usage Rights for more on this.
- Subject areas* - Select the appropriate Subject and /or Topic for the resource.
- Material type* - Select the appropriate Material Type from the list.
- Media Formats* - Select media formats used in the resource.
- Education Levels* - Select education levels and sublevels for this resource.
- Language* - Select the appropriate language(s) for this resource.
- Tags* - Add or remove keyword tags from the list.
- Continue to the final step.
Step 3: Preview and Submit.
- Review the preview of your resource to ensure it is accurately described.
- You can replace the auto-generated cover image if you like.
- Select Go Back to make changes to your description
- -Or- select Submit for review to finalize the submit process.
Once your resource has been submitted, it will appear on your My Items page with the status: Pending.
Your resource is sent to the eMedia Librarians to be reviewed and approved before it is added to the site. Our team will confirm that the copyright is accurate and will contact you if they have any questions.
You will receive an email indicating that your submission is awaiting review. Once reviewed and approved, you will receive an additional email (usually within one week) indicating the resource you submitted has been approved.
See also: Basic usage rights